- To develop state of the art facilities related to mechanical engineering.
- To attract highly qualified faculty to the mechanical engineering department.
- To promote participation of industries in academic research and consultancy.
- To undertake research at regional and national level.
To produce quality human resource of high standard in mechanical engineering who can contribute favourably to the technological and socio-economic development of the nation.
Short Term Vision Plan: 3-5 years
To establish centers of excellence in
- Tissue Engineering
- E-foundry cell in collaboration with IIT Mumbai
- Fuel Cell
- Component testing
To establish new laboratories
- Product design & development
- Fatigue & fracture mechanics laboratory
Development of existing laboratories/ addition of new equipment
- Theory of machines lab
- Solid mechanics laboratory
- Metrology lab
- Renewable energy laboratory.
- Mechanical measurement lab
- Heat transfer lab
Class rooms up gradation
- To be equipped with LCD projectors, smart board, internet & PA system.
- Few more new classrooms are needed
Space for research scholars
- Provide computing, printing & Xeroxing facilities for UG/ PG/ Research students
Introduce New courses
- Machine vision
- Computer based engineering drawing
- Fuel Cell Technology
- Revision of existing courses as per the industrial practices.
Get recognition for the Department as a QIP centre
- Encourage faculty to submit proposals for sponsored research projects/ prepare lecture series in digital form/ authoring a book/ engage in consultancy work
Medium Term Vision Plan: 5-7 years
- All faculty members will acquire Ph.D
- More class rooms/ faculty rooms to be created
- To establish new laboratories like,Bio-Mechanics and MEMS for mechanical students.
- Collaboration with foreign universities
- At least 50% of the faculty members to have sponsored projects.
Long Term Vision Plan: 20 years
- To have international research students enrolled for PhD/ Post doctoral degree
- CAD – CAM Engineering
- Bio-medical engineering
- Energy Engineering
- Interdisciplinary areas
- To establish the department to be the best among all NIT’s in the county
- To be a leading consultancy provider in the region.
- To develop multi-disciplinary collaborations
- To have International projects with foreign universities.