VNIT and VNITAA organized Event of Distribution of Distinguished Alumnus Awards on 17th Feb’2019.
VNIT and VNITAA Distinguished Alumnus Award (DAA) – 2019
Visvesvaraya National Institute of Technology (VNIT), Nagpur and VNIT Alumni Association (VNITAA) held an event of distribution of Distinguished Alumnus Awards in the august presence of
· Shri Nitin Gadkari – Hon’ble Minister for Road Transport & Highways, Shipping & Water Resources, River Development & Ganga Rejuvenation- Government of India
· Dr. Anil Kakodkar – Padma Vibhushan, Eminent Nuclear Scientist
· Dr. Abhay Bang – Padmashri, Founder “SEARCH” , Gadchiroli
on Sunday 17th February.
VNIT Alumni Association has more than 21000 Alumni spread across the globe. Head quartered at Nagpur, VNIT Alumni Association has chapters in India and USA. The award ceremony was attended by alumni coming from various parts of the world like Canada, USA, India and Singapore etc.
The awards were given to the following alumni for their excellence in ;
· Dr. Sanjeeb Patjoshi – Public administration
· Ms Vinita Gongade-Paunikar & Ms Rashmi Ranade- Urdhwareshe – Women Engineers / Architect
· Mr. Milind Ukey – Other walks of life
· Mr. Anil Reddy – Young Achiever
· Dr. manoj Gupta and Dr. Milind Atrey – Research and Academic
· Mr. Mohan Uttawar – Entrepreneurship
· Dr. Nemkumar Banthia – Technology Innovation
· Air Marshal (Retd) – Defence services
· Mr. Rohit Suri – Business Management
The awardees were selected from the nominations received from across the globe by the jury members form industry, academics and other fields.
Besides these nine categories, two Life time achievement awards were also given to
1. Col (Retd) Tejendra Pal Tyagi – Recipient of Veer Chakra during 1971 Indo-Pak war and
2. Prof S M Deshpande – Consultant – Engineering Mechanics Unit – Jawaharlal Nehru Centre For Advanced Scientific Research ( Bangalore )
This event also witnessed inauguration of new academic complex that has been built to accommodate the increasing number of students This building has 30 class rooms each having a capacity to accommodate about 150 students. This complex will give the students better class room ambience.
Additionally an exhibition hall wherein all the technologies developed at VNIT for rural areas, differently abled people, other sections of the society shall be kept on display, was also inaugurated.