Achievements for academic year 2018-2019
- Three teams participated in ACM-ICPC(Regional Round)
1) Mohit Rathi, Devendra Kediyal, Saurabh Singh
2) Richa Mishra, Monika Muskudi, Tejasvi Sai
3) Sidhi Renge, Rucha Patil
- Team BitWise from VNIT had participated in the 3rd edition of the Smart India Hackathon 2019 software edition. The Team comprised of : Chaitya Chheda(Team Leader) ,Deval Mudia , Ritwik Deshpande, Kapeel Suryavanshi, Ayush Singh, Shalaka Patankar all from BTech 3rd year Computer Science and Engineering. Mentors: R B Keskar (Faculty Mentor) and Dhaniram Kshirsagar (Industrial Mentor from Persistent Systems). The problem statement involved developing an affordable mobile application to monitor entry and exit of vehicles in a residential society. For the first round 168 teams had submitted their idea out of which only 4 teams were selected for the grand finale that was held in BHU Varanasi for the problem statement provided by MixORG.
- The grand finale involved a 36 hours hackathon which consisted of 3 rounds of evaluations by mentors and industry professionals. The team came first and was awarded a cash prize of Rs 50,000.
- The team, Deal-breakers, consisting of the following students participated in the SIH 2019 grand finale held on 2nd and 3rd march at the Hyderabad nodal centre. The Team comprised of : Amruta Deshpande , Atharva Parwatkar, Sharvil Nagarkar, Abhishek Gautam, Pragati Chougula , Saurabh Rathi all from CSE final year.Mr. Kartik Vyas and Dr. Manish Kurhekar were the mentors for the team. The problem statement they worked on was put up by Dr. Reddy’s Labs and consisted of creating a knowledge representation for efficient query processing from a large corpus of research documents. The team competed with 2 other teams from different colleges and worked on creating a knowledge graph based solution for the problem.
- Arusha Kelkar stood second in the Olympic distance Triathlon (1.5km Swimming, 40km Cycling and 10km Running) at the Hyderabad Triathlon held at Gachibowli Stadium, Hyderabad on 11th November 2018.
- Samay Sanghvi completed summer internship at Research Centre Of India, DRDO, Hyderabad. Worked on Automatic Target Recognition and Object Classification techniques.
- Anish Kelkar wrote and composed a song for Aarohi’18.
- Rashi Laddha scored highest CGPA among all disciplines in VNIT and received Prof. Moghe Award from the Alumni Association for the same.Received Academic Excellence award for 2 consecutive years.
- Abdul Mapara was conferred with Institute Topper award for batch 2020 during Republic Day Celebrations.
- Shubham Vijay completed Internship at Fidelity Investments, Chennai (May – July 2018): Developed a Chat-Bot for the PSS team in FI to automate the process of fetching the status and ETA of various Service Request and Migration Tickets. Leveraged Naive Bayes Algorithm (ML) to optimize reply time, for queries based on previously trained requests.
- Pradhyumn Singh Rathore won a silver medal at the InterNIT Powerlifting Competition held at NIT Surathkal in January 2019.
- Saurabh Pujari participated in the InterNIT FOOTBALL tournament held at NIT Rourkela in February 2019.
- Raghav Nagpure part of Team TESLA’s Innovative Project of DESIGNING AUTOMATIC CAR, which is a self driving car designed using Machine Learning. The Tesla team is also going to participate in the ALL INDIA COMPETITION at BANGALORE in March’19.
- Yogesh Saini, Raj Bhise designed a website with the team of ACM VNIT.
- Nandishwar was a part of the team that participated in the ALL INDIA CTF competition in Kerala.
- Rutuja Dhonde and Gayatri Mudliar were conferred with Maths Topper awards during Republic Day celebrations.
- Vaibhav Popat was conferred with Institute Topper award for batch 2021 during Republic Day Celebrations.
- Abhishek Singh Dhadwal completed an internship at RELIANCE Infrastructure, Dahanu Thermal Power Station.
- Amay Jain worked on the CAMPUS FEED project under the assistance of ACM Committee.
- Hari Krishna secured 2nd position in the Inter-NIT Volleyball Competition.
Achievements during the academic year 2016-17
- Manjiri Wankhede student from B.Tech 3rd CS won inter NIT Tennis.
Achievements during the academic year 2014-15
- Following students of CSE department performed very well in GATE-15.
- Srijay Deshpande (AIR 12)
- Nikita Vedula (AIR 53)
- Munira Sayyad (AIR 186)
In ACM ICPC India Chennai Multi-Provincial National Programming Contest 2015, held on 28th February 2015, 5 teams from CSE department secured ranks within 1st 50 positions, including ranks 3rd, 10th and 12th.
1. Team Name : NOTAPRO
Members : Amogh Kamath, Prakhar Sethi, Ronak Shah
Position : 3rd (Won Rs 2000 in cash)
2. Team Name : CODESKULPTORS
Members : Chinmay Kar, Mayank Agarwal, Sai Bharadwaj
Position : 10th
3.Team Name : DIVINEDEVILS
Members : Harinath Kanchu, Anand Deshpande, Adhitya Kamakshidasan
Position : 12th
4.Team Name: RAPAG
Members : Parag Khandait, Gaurav Bhandarkar, Piyush Pote
Position : 34th
5.Team Name : CODE CRACKERS
Members : Siddarth Borigam, Mood Srikanth Chowhan, Sai Chinta Vamshi
Position : 39th
Notable Achievements during the academic year 2013-14
• Saurabh Sarda, Student of Computer Science & Engineering of 2012 batch scored 3rd AIR (All India Rank) among 1,55,950 student in All India GATE 2014 exam.
• 2 teams of students (comprising 6 students, 1 team each of M.tech and B.tech.) are selected in the final round of national level Hackathon competition based on cloud technologies, organized by IBM. 2 of the 5 final teams of the competition are from VNIT. The finals were held at IBM Pune on 22-23rd May, 2014. One of the teams comprising Diplav Dongre, Gaurav Sharma and Jaysheel Patel, were 2nd runner up in the finals.
• Paper titled “Scalable Cloud Deplyment on Commodity Hardware using Openstack” by M.Tech. students Diplav Dongre, Gourav Sharma and Jaysheel Patel (work done under the guidance of Dr. U.A. Deshpande, Prof. M.P. Kurhekar, Prof. R. B. Keskar, and Prof. Mansi Radke) is selected for the best paper award of the 2nd Iternational Conference on Advanced Computing, Networking, and Informatics (ICACNI 2014), held during 24-26 June, at Kolkata.
• 8 teams (comprising around 24 students) from CSE deptt were selected in the 1st level national online ACM-ICPC competition and represented VNIT in the 2nd level on-site competition, which took place at places like Bangalore, IIT-Kanpur, IIT-Kharagpur.
• Programming club started in the department. Short and Long online programming competitions were held throughout the academic year 2013-14.
• VNIT team (led by Prakhar Sethi) has won the Infosys Programming Contest organized by Pune centre. Teams from MAHARASHTRA, GUJARAT, and MADHYA PRADESH participated in the contest at this centre.