Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering, VNIT Nagpur
1. The Department of ECE successfully organised the 1st INTERNATIONAL CONFERENCE ON THE PARADIGM SHIFTS IN COMMUNICATION EMBEDDED SYSTEMS MACHINE LEARNING AND SIGNAL PROCESSING [PCEMS 2022] during 6th – 7th May, 2022. For more details, please visit PCEMS 2022 website.
2. Congratulations To Team JayHawks from Dept. of ECE, VNIT for securing 4th position in the Swadeshi Microprocessor Challenge 2021. Team JayHawks was awarded a total of 2 million Indian rupees for their innovative Anti Theft Geo fencing Based Locking System (ATGLS). Team JayHawks consists of Mayank Bumb, Harshvardhan Dave, Abdul Majid Khan, Danish Gada, and Sushant Kumar from B. Tech, ECE and they were mentored by Dr. Ashwin Kothari, Associate Professor, ECE, VNIT, and Dr. Ankit Bhurane, Assistant Professor, ECE, with the support of HOD ECE Prof. A. G. Keskar and Honorable Director Prof. P M Padole . Further details are available here.
3. 14 M.Tech (Communication System Engineering) students from 2021 batch are selected for industry internships.
4. Our B.Tech. Student Mr. BODHAPATI CHANDRA SEKHAR secured All India Rank 70 in Electronics & Communication Engineering, GATE-2022. Congratulations!!.
5. Our B.Tech. Student Mr. Sushant Thombre is All India Rank 1 in CAT-2019. Congratulations!!.
6. Three of our students secured All India ranks within top 100 in GATE 2020. Congratulations !!
The Department of Electronics and Computer Science was created in 1994 from the Department of Electrical Engineering. Later, the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering has been created in May 2014. It offers under-graduate program (B.Tech. ) in Electronics and Communication Engineering and post-graduate program (M.Tech.) in Communication Systems Engineering. The department has well qualified and well motivated faculty members and support staff. There are more than 30 full time PhD students enrolled in the department in the areas of Communication Engineering, Image Processing, Embedded System Design, RF and Antenna Design. The laboratories are adequately equipped with state-of-the-art facilities. The department is undergoing vigorous growth in emerging areas of Embedded Systems, RF Testing and Communications. Currently, the department has been awarded Center of Excellence in Combedded Systems by MHRD (NPIU). The department is actively involved in R & D as well as consultancy projects and has collaborations with several industries, academic institutes, and R&D organizations in the country.
The B.Tech. (ECE) program offered by the Department is accredited by National Board of Accreditation (NBA) for five years w.e.f. July 1, 2015. The M.Tech. (CMN) program is accredited by NBA up to 30 June 2025.