UG-First Year (B.Tech/B.Arch)
Course: HUL101 Communication Skills
Course Co-ordinator- Dr.M.Ghosal
Unit 1: Energy
- Nuclear Preparation
- Alternative Sources
Unit 2: Computers
- Introducing Computers
- New Frontiers
- Computers in India
Unit 3: Technology
- Appropriate Technology
- Evaluating Technology
Unit 4: Environment
- Our living Environment
Unit 5: Industry
- Personnel and Production
- Safety and Training
- Selling Products
A Textbook of English for Engineers and Technologists—-Orient Longman.
- A University Grammar of English –R.Quirk & S.Greenbaum
- English GrammarN.Krishnaswamy (Longman Publication) (Macmillan India).
Course: HUL102 Social Science (For B.Tech First Year)
- Applied Humanities and Human Engineering
- Meaning, scope and general utility of social sciences to engineers.
- Different subject in social sciences.
- Society, its type, characteristics and problems.
- Fundamental concept in social science
- Culture-Types, Characteristics, Merit, demerit and some related terms of culture.
- Social structure and social system.
- Socialization and social stratification.
- Family and marriage institutions in India.
- Social control and social change
- Industrialization and society
- Industrial psychology and industrial democracy.
- Environment in industry.
- Fatigue of workers.
- Motivation, selection and training of workers.
- The study of political orientation.Major social problem in India.
- Indian constitution and federal system.
- fundamental rights and directive principles.
- Legislative measures for labor welfare.
- Beaurocracy in India.
- Major social problem in India.
- Over population.
- Family Disorganization (divorce)
1. A New Look into Social Sciences,Sheikh Sabir, A.M.Shiekh and Jaya Dwadshiwar,Sage Publication New Delhi.
2. Social Problems in India, Ram Ahuja, Rawat Publication New Delhi.
- Labour Problems and Social Welfare,R.C.Saxsena, Prakashan Kendra, Lucknow.
For Higher Semester
|1||HUL409 Psychology and ED||A||Dr.Y.M.Deshpande|
|2||HUL407 India Studies||B||Dr.Y.M.Deshpande|
|3||HUL 169 Culture and Society||E||Dr.Y.M.Deshpande|
|4||HUL405 Industrial Economics||A||Dr.G.N.Nimbarte|
|5||HUL-403-Psychology and HRM||B||Dr.Y.M.Deshpande|
|6||HUL401 Psychology and Management||E||Dr.Y.M.Deshpande|
|7||HUL404 Industry and Society||A||Dr.G.N.Nimbarte|
|1||HUL605 Indian writings in English History And major trend||A||Dr.M.Ghosal|
|3||Social Assessment and Behavior||B||Dr.Y.M.Deshpande|
|4||Tech. Communication (M.Tech/Ph.D)||E||Dr.M.Ghosal|