Short Term Vision Plan: 3-5 years
To establish centers of excellence in
- Tissue Engineering
- E-foundry cell in collaboration with IIT Mumbai
- Fuel Cell
- Component testing
To establish new laboratories
- Product design & development
- Fatigue & fracture mechanics laboratory
Development of existing laboratories/ addition of new equipment
- Theory of machines lab
- Solid mechanics laboratory
- Metrology lab
- Renewable energy laboratory.
- Mechanical measurement lab
- Heat transfer lab
Class rooms up gradation
- To be equipped with LCD projectors, smart board, internet & PA system.
- Few more new classrooms are needed
Space for research scholars
- Provide computing, printing & Xeroxing facilities for UG/ PG/ Research students
Introduce New course
Get recognition for the Department as a QIP centre
Medium Term Vision Plan: 5-7 years
- All faculty members will acquire Ph.D
- More class rooms/ faculty rooms to be created
- To establish new laboratories like,Bio-Mechanics and MEMS for mechanical students.
- Collaboration with foreign universities
- At least 50% of the faculty members to have sponsored projects.
Long Term Vision Plan: 20 years
- To have international research students enrolled for PhD/ Post doctoral degree
- Interdisciplinary areas
- To establish the department to be the best among all NIT’s in the county
- To be a leading consultancy provider in the region.
- To develop multi-disciplinary collaborations
- To have International projects with foreign universities.